1) I’m exhausted. That shouldn’t be the first thing that I tell you because it’s negative, but it’s all that I can think about right now. I can’t shake this exhaustion. I got a full 8 hours of sleep last night, and a full 8 hours the night before…but I just can’t shake this.
2) This morning I picked my friends up from their cruise. This whole week Brad and I have been talking about their cruise. We want to go on one. Brad loves cruises and I love Brad when he’s on vacation. Actually, I love Brad all the time, but he’s so much fun to be around when he’s not stressed out about work, or animals, or the house. He really wants to take me on a cruise for my 30th birthday. If I were a bettin’ woman I would say there’s not going to be money for that. But, we can always dream…can’t we?
3) Speaking of my 30th birthday…I have a list, my 30 before 30, have you heard of it? Well, I crossed another thing off the list! I bought my own domain name!!!!!! Whooohooo! I felt all official and stuff when I bought it. Going to bed that night I whispered to Brad, “I feel like I’m somebody now. I have a domain name!” Silly. I know. But that just seems so BIG to me…anyways, my new domain is http://www.thereluctanthw.com…I’m in the process of getting it hosted and all geared up to go. But, as of a few days ago, we are officially under construction!
4) Yesterday Zoe looked right at me and said, “Mama”. And then she did it again. I cried.
5) Yesterday Zoe also took her first unassisted steps.
6) We’re literally right around the corner of an actual walker. God help me.
7) This weekend I’m leaving my man and my baby and I’m driving 2 1/2 hours north to Savannah. I’m so excited about this weekend I haven’t even stopped to feel slightly guilty for leaving Brad with Zoe. I’m not even guilty for not being guilty. I’m thrilled. I’m counting down the hours til Saturday morning. If all I do is sit on Brit’s porch and sip Diet Coke, this is going to be a great weekend. Actually, I’m really hoping for some time to sit and do nothing. I’m hoping that I sleep in until at least 9, uninterrupted, on Sunday morning. I would love to go see The Help. I would love to get a pedicure. My shoulders are relaxing right now just typing about this weekend.
8 ) While I’m not guilty about going, I am nervous that I’m not going to have anything to talk about. Sometimes I feel kinda boring.
9) I got my tush back to the gym this week. I was so nervous that I was going to be in a ton of pain, and I was in a funk, so I made excuses all last week for not going…except for one Zumba class. I did Bodypump on Tuesday and yoga yesterday….and I still can barely move. I am in p-a-i-n.
10) On the upside? I weighed myself last week after being on vacation and not working out for 2 weeks…I almost couldn’t look at the number on the scale. BUT! I’d LOST weight?!?!?!?! What in the world! I’m now at a solid 17lbs…3 away from 20lbs. Can you believe that? I can’t. I mean, I can. But, I can’t. Funny thing though, most of my clothes still fit…why??????????????????
11) After spending the weekend on Pinterest, I’m seriously considering painting my walls. Yikes. We keep saying that we’ll be out of this house soon, so there’s no reason to do anything. But, the truth is, we don’t really know when we’re going to be out of this house…it could be another year down the road…and I think it would just be better for my spirits if it were a little lighter in here.
12) And, finally, while there’s a ton of reasons why we shouldn’t be…Brad and I are ready to give Zoe a little brother or sister. We haven’t started “trying” in the typical sense of the word…because I’m just not organized like that. But, we’re not “stopping” anything from happening. How’s that for fun Thursday news? =)